Advance your coaching with this workshop designed for coaches of athletes in the Train to Train stage of Long-term Athlete Development (LTAD). Building on Canada Basketball’s ‘Learn to Train’ workshop, through a mix of classroom and hands-on experience in the gym, this workshop focuses on.
Microteaching in order to learn how to provide support to athletes in training;
–Designing activities that develop both technical skills and athletic abilities;
– Planning a practice that reflects seasonal training priorities;
–Identifying appropriate activities for each part of the practice;
–Analyzing performance including error detection and correction;
–Supporting the competitive experience;
–Advancing coaching in the progression of skills and concepts (conceptual offensive components, shooting, whole-part-whole teaching, and incorporation of mental training);
– Designing a basic sport program
The Train to Train course is a competency-based course. There will be a minimum of five combined classroom and in the gym sessions of approximately 3 hours each.
|Course:||Train to Train|
|Start:||July 13-15th, 2018|
|Learning Facilitator:||Darrell Glenn|
|Registration:||Register on Game Plan (directions below) or
Contact Trent Whitty – Trent@basketballpei.ca or (902)368-4986
- To Register on GamePlan:
- Go to https://gameplanbasketball.ca/
- Look to the right side of a screen where it says “Game Plan Login”. If you are already a member, great! If not, you have to register. When registering it will give you the option to become a full member which is $50 or you can take a “free” option. This decision is completely up to you.
- Once you are logged in and/or registered, pick “Workshops.” The page will indicate all the workshops we have set up right now
- Select “Register” for “Train to Train”